BUSINESS SERVICES MANAGER / CAREER NAVIGATOR
Greater Memphis Alliance for a Competitive Workforce – TAACCCT 4 DOL Grant
Summary / Objective
This is a full-time, 10-month, grant-funded Arkansas State University Mid-South position reporting to the Project Director, Greater Memphis Alliance for a Competitive Workforce (GMACW) TAACCCT 4 DOL Grant. This position is housed in the GMACW consortium office located in downtown Memphis, TN. This position will require occasional travel to the main ASU Mid-South campus located in West Memphis, AR.
The Career Navigator/ Business Services Manager is part of integrated student support services and will work primarily with incumbent workers to connect them to training and education programs that will provide them skills for higher wage jobs. The Career Navigator/Business Services Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication, relationships, and partnerships between designated colleges, companies and sector councils. He/she will work with local postsecondary institutions to assist the schools in developing short term training programs that will fulfill current sector companies’ needs. This role will provide direct programmatic support to the GMACW Project Manager and the GMACW Business Services activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Maintains positive, responsive community relations with area employers and community based organizations.
- • Participates in related industry and community partnerships, including but not limited to sector councils, education and professional associations, and workforce development institutions.
- • Keep current on industry hiring and training trends for specified industries
- • Participate in outreach, recruitment activities and strategic planning in support of the goals of GMACW.
- • Support the activities of GMACW Business Services staff.
- • Ensure deadlines are met as well as industry recruitment goals.
Competencies/Knowledge/Skills & Abilities
- • Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with industry and community partners
- • Ability to work as a team player and maintain a high priority of customer service relationships
- • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- • Efficient, detailed oriented, self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work well with minimum supervision
- • Knowledge of PCs and proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- • Excellent time and project management skills required
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree minimum required. At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in workforce development and managing projects that involves multiple stakeholders or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work experience in lieu of education may be substituted on a 2 for 1 basis. Experience in job profiling, utilization of WorkKeys and DACUM process preferred. Advanced skills in written and verbal communications. Skill in presenting to a variety of industries and diverse industry professionals at all levels of management and responsibility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental and disability insurance; a flex benefit plan, and educational discounts for employee and family.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin September 7, 2017 and will continue until position is filled.
Please note that ASU Mid-South requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Required Application Materials: Please provide the following information:
- a letter of interest specifying the position sought,
- a completed ASU Mid-South application for employment including contact information for three professional references who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications for this position -
- a resume or curriculum vitae, and
- copies of college transcripts relevant to the position of interest.
For an application to be considered, all requested materials must be submitted simultaneously either by mail, e-mail, fax or personal delivery to:
Arkansas State University Mid-South
ATTN: Jackie Leech
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301-3829